Manager, Cloud Engineering
Digital Air Strike is THE leading customer engagement technology partner helping 7,000+ businesses leverage digital and social media environments. Our technology, team, and culture contribute to the success of our clients. Digital Air Strike is recognized worldwide for its industry-leading technology & solutions and we are looking for elite professionals to join our growing team!
The Manager of Cloud Engineering owns the vision, research, architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure, resources, CI/CD pipelines, and SDLC processes in support of a production-ready platform for software product delivery. This role will bring innovation, zeal, and confident leadership that leads to the growth and institutionalization of modern, cloud-native engineering practices that foster business agility and result in the delivery of secure, reliable, maintainable, and performant software products and services to delight our customers.
This role will exhibit a mix of strong technical acumen and architectural vision, along with the ability to cultivate and grow technical talent. This is a hands-on technologist role with an extensive background in infrastructure, network, security, and cloud engineering. In addition, this role will also build meaningful relationships with business and technology stakeholders to effectively partner, remove organizational obstacles, and guide cross-team strategic initiatives.
- Own the overall architecture, design, build, security, performance, and reliability of all DAS Technology assets in support of software product development, delivery, and operations
- The assets under the purview of this role not only include resources in the Azure subscriptions for software product development & delivery, but also COTS product suites like Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Office 365, and Azure AD, as well as resources and assets in other cloud (AWS, Rackspace) and on-premise environments
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity, business continuity, and disaster recovery policies and support architectures to operate a world-class, cloud-native technology ecosystem for product development and delivery at scale
- Partner with senior business and technology leadership to understand key pain points and implement innovative solutions to complex problems
- Work with our managed services providers, professional services partners, and the internal software engineering teams to diagnose and remedy complex infrastructure, network, and security issues as they arise
- Accountable for the management, supervision, mentoring, and career development of employees - includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising the performance of employees
- Develop new and improve existing standards, processes, policies, procedures, and operational workflows to protect DAS data assets, improve product performance, optimize cloud infrastructure costs, and ensure regulatory compliance
- 8+ years of experience in cloud engineering, inclusive of release engineering, software development, and live site operations using lean-agile methodologies
- MUST have solid working experience in Microsoft Azure as well as familiarity with Amazon AWS and/or Google GCP cloud engineering concepts
- Strong knowledge of and design experience in computer networking: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLAN, Routing, DNS, and Load Balancing, preferably in public cloud environments
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud IaaS (Windows and Linux VMs) installation, configuration, patching, and maintenance as well as PaaS and serverless computing
- Working knowledge of containers and Kubernetes orchestration is desirable
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud security operations as well as cloud infrastructure and application security engineering architectures, practices, and tools
- Deep understanding and practice of DevSecOps and SRE to enable a rich developer experience via self-service, API-driven capabilities
- Hands-on proficiency in automation, with particular emphasis on IaC (infrastructure as code) using various scripting languages including PowerShell, ARM (Azure Resource Manager), and Terraform
- Experience in the instrumentation of cloud infrastructure and applications for logging, telemetry, monitoring, and alerting
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in developing and driving business and technical outcomes via metrics and KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science, or related field OR equivalent experience required
- Experience leading agile and cloud-native engineering teams
The health, happiness, and financial success of our employees is the basis of our comprehensive and generous benefits program which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- FREE & Company Subsidized Health Insurance Plans - Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA, Health Savings Account, & Commuter Benefits
- FREE Life, Short-term, and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Employee Assistance Program for Mental Wellness & Life Planning
- Pet Care Discount Program for Veterinary Care
- 401k & Roth 401k + Company Match
- Incentive Stock Options
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement Programs
- 11 Paid Holidays & Competitive PTO
- Monthly Bonus 1/2 Day Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Modern, fun, and friendly work environment, and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Digital Air Strike provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.