Product Marketing Manager
Digital Air Strike is looking for a full-time Product Marketing Manager to join our team!
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making your products shine and rise above the competition. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches and ongoing enhancements.
You know the industries and our competitors like the back of your hand. You know what our competitors do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our clients better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions through ongoing engagement with clients as well as managing market research providing quantitative insights.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels.
- Build market intelligence—be the expert on our clients, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with the leadership team, sales and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Analyze and document our client’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing clients and the acquisition of new clients
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Plan the launches of new products as well as product enhancements and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- 4-year college education, with MBA preferred
- Required experience working with digital marketing, SAAS software supporting the automotive retailing experience
- Business-to-Business (B2B) product marketing experience
- Experience with P&L and margin analysis
- Understanding of automotive technology competitive marketplace with experience in developing market strategies
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to clients and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research
- Experience working directly with and training internal sales and support teams as well as working with automotive retail dealers
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, project management software.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of clients or executive audiences and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
Medical/Dental/Vision, long & short-term disability, life insurance, incentive stock options, 401K, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care, tuition reimbursement, veterinary care discount program, student loan match program along with a generous vacation and sick time allowance, paid holidays and extra anniversary days off!
Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.