Freelance Video Editor
Digital Air Strike is looking for a Freelance Video Editor to work onsite, in our Scottsdale office.
The hope is that the right candidate will ultimately become a full-time employee of Digital Air Strike. Hours will be within office hours, Monday - Friday, approximately 20-30 hours a week. Please note that we will only move forward with applicants who provide links to prior work examples on their resumes.
Digital Air StrikeTM is the leading social media technology, intelligent messaging, and digital engagement company that helps businesses increase consumer response and conversions in digital and social media environments while generating measurable ROI. A pioneer in social media marketing and online reputation management solutions.
- Edit video files from multiple sources in a post-production workflow to deliver a final video to client
- Ingest and organize video files within a post-production workflow
- Have an ability to take direction and offer creative solutions
- Manipulate and edit video files into multiple deliverables
- Experience in color correcting video footage
- Utilize additional elements to enhance edit with music, voice over, graphics and effects
- Take notes on cuts and adjust edits to revisions
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Communicate project timelines and manage project expectations from assignment to delivery with project managers
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor with a strong portfolio
- 4 plus years of professional video editing experience. Agency experience a plus.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud Suite - Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Familiar with different codecs and video file types
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity in video edits
- Motion Graphics experience with lower third creation, 2D onscreen graphics and icon animation
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize projects and change priorities accordingly
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field (Not required, but a plus)
- Camera operation experience a plus (GH5, BMPCC 4K)
- In studio video experience a plus
- Script writing experience a plus
Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.