Sr. Database Engineer
The Digital Air Strike technology team is a top-notch group of technology evangelists focused on driving the vision behind our brand. We are avid practitioners of the Agile SCRUM framework, live for bleeding-edge technology, love to develop innovative, scalable, cloud-based SaaS solutions, and we think like owners.
We are currently seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and inspired technologist for the role of a Senior Database Administrator/Engineer. This is a great opportunity to build new skills, in an exciting, startup environment with a dedicated & experienced team.
- Design, implement & maintain our Azure sql server and no sql databases (i.e MongoDB)
- Develop modern, scalable, maintainable, high-quality databases & data services consistent with our company and industry practices for one or more business areas
- Develop data solutions that utilize cloud-based technologies and platforms (PaaS, DBaaS)
- Develop reusable & scalable ETL processes
- Migrate existing data from legacy data stores to new platform data stores.
- Deliver stable architectures while meeting design specifications, sprint goals and timelines
- Participate in ongoing code reviews and ensure consistent quality and adherence to data standards
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with fellow data engineers, application engineers and product managers
- Assist with the support, optimization and upgrade of existing data platform services
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- 6+ years of database administration/engineering experience with both the Microsoft data stack and modern Open Source data stacks
- 5+ years of enterprise level database design development experience including data warehousing, data marts and data lakes
- 3+ years of working within an Agile software development team
- Experience with cloud database backup and transaction recovery techniques
- Experience designing and developing data storage, data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL technologies (EventStore, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with modern version control systems principles and tools (Git, Bitbucket)
- Strong knowledge of database performance optimization techniques
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Strong knowledge of TSQL coding, stored procedures, views, troubleshooting & debugging
- Strong knowledge of ETL & Data Management Tools
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Exceptional self-direction and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral skills, especially writing design documents that are easy to understand and communicating with non-technical people
- A keen interest in exploring and utilizing new technologies and platforms
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited university, advanced technical education from a recognized program or demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience.
Medical/Dental/Vision, long & short-term disability, life insurance, incentive stock options, 401K, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care, tuition reimbursement, veterinary care discount program, student loan match program along with a generous vacation and sick time allowance, 12 paid holidays and extra anniversary days off!
Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.