Lead Sr. Full Stack Engineer
The Digital Air Strike technology team is a world-class group of technology evangelists passionate about implementing the mission and vision behind our products. We are avid practitioners of the Agile SCRUM framework, live for leading-edge technology, love to develop creative, scalable, cloud-based, SaaS solutions, and try to always think like owners.
Are you a passionate, enthusiastic, and inspired Sr. full stack engineer and technology leader? Do you dream about being a part of and leading a successful engineering team? Are you detail oriented teammate and do you have a broad technology background? We're looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer for our engineering team where you will collaboratively design & create cool new designs by bridging product requirements with standard development methodologies.
This is an extraordinary chance for you to be a leader and learn new development skills in an exciting environment with a dedicated & experienced team. The position entails working within a dynamic team of cross company members who are responsible for improving our existing suite of applications and services, as well as the development and implementation of new software and services.
- You will lead and work with a team of talented local and off shore engineers working on a new portfolio of products, to develop modern, robust, maintainable, high-quality software that utilize cloud-based technologies (PaaS, DBaaS) which are consistent with our company and industry practices for one or more business areas
- Set the team direction with your knowledge of modern frameworks, best practices & patterns in front and backend design
- You will lead your team in the translation of wireframes and mockups into new user facing features
- You will lead your team to design optimal, maintainable, reusable, and scalable components / services
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Work with the Engineering Directors and recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds and build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address under performance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, and processes.
- Work with your engineers and product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Own your teams deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that wow or clients.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build user input validations to ensure data correctness
- Deliver stable code while meeting design specifications, sprint goals and timelines
- Participate in ongoing code reviews and ensure consistent quality and consistency to standards
- Implement new designs in a highly collaborative environment with fellow engineers, product managers, and UI/UX specialists
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base
- Build reusable code libraries for future use
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- 1+ years of technical leadership
- 3+ years of UX digital design experience
- 3+ years of experience with ReactJS or Angular 2
- Experience with building applications with REST API services (WebAPI, Node.js)
- Experience with modern version control systems principles and tools (Git, Bitbucket)
- Bring your vast experience in HTML5, CSS, JS, and JS frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap)
- Strong knowledge of XML, and JSON
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment
- You will need to have outstanding problem solving skills
- Extraordinary self-direction and project management skills
- Have strong writing and oral skills, especially so you can write design documents that are easy to understand and communicate clearly with non-technical people
- A keen interest in exploring and utilizing new technologies and platforms
- Be a self-starter interested working in a dynamic, startup environment
You should have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or advanced technical education from a recognized program or demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience
While these are not deal breakers, we think it would be awesome for the team if you have any of the following bonus point items:
- Knowledge of Material Design and UX Design Best Practices
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and the CQRS Pattern.
- Experience with native / hybrid mobile development (iOS, Android, Xamarin, Ionic)
- Entrepreneurial / prior Start-Up experience
- Automotive Experience
- Digital Marketing Experience
Company-sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision plans, long-term disability and life insurance, incentive stock options, 401K plan, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care, tuition reimbursement, veterinary care discount program, student loan refinance and match program, generous vacation and sick time allowance, 10 paid holidays, summer bonus 1/2 day off per month, anniversary day off, monthly awards with prize drawings, alternate schedules offer Friday afternoons off and a really cool office environment including beautiful outdoor patios with lounge chairs, massage chairs, free lunch Fridays, ping pong, monthly social events and much more.
Get a sneak peek inside our culture by checking out our Muse Profile at:
Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.