Sr. Software Engineer - Java
The Digital Air Strike technology team is a top-notch group of technology evangelists focused on implementing the vision behind Digital Air Strike. We are avid practitioners of the Agile SCRUM framework, love to develop innovative, scalable, cloud-based SaaS solutions, and we think like owners.
- Develop modern, robust, maintainable, high-quality software consistent with our company and industry practices for one or more business areas.
- Design & create optimal, maintainable, reusable, and scalable components / services using Java and Open Source application development frameworks
- Develop solutions that utilize cloud-based technologies and platforms (PaaS, DBaaS)
- Develop REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Develop External APIs and Export methods for company partners to consume data
- Deliver stable code while meeting design specifications, sprint goals and timelines
- Participate in ongoing code reviews and ensure consistent quality and adherence to standards
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with fellow engineers, product managers, and UI/UX specialists
- Assist with the support and upgrade of existing platform services
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- 6+ years of software engineering experience with both the Microsoft solution stack and modern Open Source frameworks and libraries
- 4+ years of object oriented design and solutions development with Java.
- 2+ years of working within an Agile software development team.
- Experience with building applications with REST API services.
- Experience designing and developing data storage, data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL technologies (EventStore, MongoDB, BigQuery, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with modern version control systems principles and tools (Git, Bitbucket)
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, continuous Integration, continuous delivery)
- Experience in Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge of performance optimization techniques
- Strong knowledge in HTML5, CSS, JS, and JS frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap, Sencha.js)
- Strong knowledge in O/RMs
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Exceptional self-direction and project management skills
- Must have great written and oral skills, especially writing design documents that are easy to understand and communicating with non-technical people
- A keen interest in exploring and utilizing new technologies and platforms
- Be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited university, advanced technical education from a recognized program or demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and the CQRS Pattern
- Knowledge of virtualization & container technologies (Hyper-V, Docker)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience designing and developing micro-service based architectures
- Entrepreneurial / prior Start-Up experience
- Automotive Experience
- Digital Marketing Experience
- Experience with financial systems and related security
- Experience with Sencha.js
Company-sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision plans, long-term disability and life insurance, incentive stock options, 401K plan, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care, tuition reimbursement, veterinary care discount program, student loan refinance and match program, generous vacation and sick time allowance, 10 paid holidays, summer bonus 1/2 day off per month, anniversary day off, monthly awards with prize drawings, alternate schedules offer Friday afternoons off and a really cool office environment including beautiful outdoor patios with lounge chairs, massage chairs, free lunch Fridays, ping pong, monthly social events and much more.
Get a sneak peek inside our culture by checking out our Muse Profile at:
Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.